February 15, 2013
A naturally g-free recipe with mouth watering results. Subbing the salsa for fresh pico de gallo would make this even better!
- 6 chicken breasts (if they’re large, use 3 and butterfly them to make more reasonable portion sizes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice (white, wild or brown)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar salsa (your preference mild, medium or hot)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly salt and pepper chicken breasts on both sides. Add chicken breasts to the frying pan and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions to yield 2 cups cooked rice.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, combine rice, black beans, green peppers and salsa. Mix well.
- Lay chicken breasts over the top of the rice and top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees
Serves 6. Per serving: 366 calories, 51 carbs, 6 g fat, 36 protein, 1097 mg sodium