I love pasta, especially in this amazing and simple dinner! Use any kind of g-free pasta (corn, rice, quinoa, flax), and remember to read labels on your sausage. I recommend Al Fresco chicken sausage!
4 Italian sausage links (sweet or hot)
1 pint grape tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 package frozen broccoli
1 box ziti, penne or other pasta
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Slice grape tomatoes in half length-wise.
- In a bowl, combine sliced tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour mixture onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender.
- In a frying pan, cook sausage links until well done in center. Remove from pan and cut into 1″ pieces. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Just before the pasta is done, add frozen broccoli to the boiling pasta water. Heat through, and strain pasta/broccoli mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, broccoli, sausage, tomatoes (along with their juices and oil), parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 342 calories, 47 carbs, 10 g fat, 19 g protein, 437 mg sodium