If there’s one thing I miss, it’s that delicious crispiness of the crumbled oat topping over cherries, black berries, apples or other fruit. Finally, a great recipe that isn’t weighed down with fat and oil to make it taste good!
1/3 c. brown rice flour
3/4 c. g-free rolled oats
1/3 c. softened butter
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 cans cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with cooking spray (make sure it doesn’t have added flour)
- Empty cherries into baking dish
- In a medium bowl, combine rice flour, g-free oats and sugar.
- Cut in butter with two forks or a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly
- Top cherries with oat mixture; bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown